Discussion posts are created to continue dialog on a specific topic of interest and aggregate all of the relevant information posted on the topic.
Organizational Structure in government is fairly black and white. Most organizations follow a similar organizational structure with minor tweaks to fit their size and responsibilities. I recently brought this topic into buy dissertation on customessaywriter.org titled writing a dissertation. The post received a ton of interest and was shared nearly 400 times.
The feedback on the post was everywhere from good idea to that is the worst thing I have ever heard. Here are a few comments that came out of it:
I am glad to see such a wide perspective on the topic. However, I do believe some of the criticism was not warranted. Since twitter does not provide a way to share larger responses I have drafted a follow-up blog post addressing some of the common criticisms shared. You can find this post on our blog title “Is the Criticism of Holacracy in Government Warranted?”
Holacracy is obviously a big change and understanding the full implications will not be realized through discussion. However, I think organizational structure in general is something that should be looked at. By examining the nearly polar opposite structure of Holacracy we can begin to see what works and what doesn’t. I believe Holacracy (or a similar system) does have a place in government but to what level that is still yet to be seen. With that being said I would love to hear from others.
Interesting Content on Holacracy in Government:
- What if Government Embraced Holacracy by Dustin Haisler and Tim Howell
- Is the Criticism of Holacracy in Government Warranted by Tim Howell
- WaTech Holacracy Blog by Michael DeAngelo
- Holacracy in Government Discussion with WaTech by Dustin Haisler, Tim Howell and Michael DeAngelo
Other Holacracy Content
- Who is using Holacracy by Structure & Process
- First, Lets Get Rid of All the Bosses: A radical experiment at Zappos to end the office workplace as we know it by Roger D. Hodge
- Holacracy, Explained: An Illustrated Guide to Management-Free Organizations by Blinkist
- The GitHub Debacle and Why Holacracy is Bullshit by Catherine Bracy